Toyota Camry Dashboard Lights
It’s important to be able to differentiate between your Toyota Camry dashboard lights in the event that one of them comes on while you’re in the middle of a journey. At Ira Toyota of Danvers, we’re here to lend a helping hand to drivers in Danvers, Peabody, and Salem by providing them with a dashboard light guide for their Toyota Camry. This guide can help you learn all about the different warnings and indicators on your dashboard, and you’ll even know what you should do when you see one light up while you’re driving.
Knowing the Difference Between Indicator Lights and Warning Lights
There are two sets of lights that can appear on your Toyota Camry dashboard. Indicator lights usually appear as green, blue, or even yellow. They come on when there’s a system or feature that has been activated automatically or by you. Warning lights appear when the specific component that the symbol represents is experiencing a malfunction. Schedule service if you find that your vehicle needs immediate attention.
Toyota Camry Dashboard Indicator Lights
- Parking Brake Indicator: When you see this light appear as you start your car, it’s letting you know that you have your parking brake engaged and you should release it before starting your journey.
- Cruise Control Indicator: This light comes on after you’ve activated your cruise control. The “SET” symbol will appear once you’ve put in your preferred cruising speed.
- Eco Driving Indicator: If you see this light appear, it means that you’re currently driving at your most fuel-efficient, based on your speed and emissions.
- Slip Indicator: When you experience wheel slip, this light will appear to let you know that the Vehicle Stability Control has activated to help you regain stability and traction. The light will turn off once your vehicle is stable.
Toyota Camry Dashboard Warning Lights
- Brake System Warning Light: This light means that there’s a malfunction with your braking system, and you may not be able to achieve full braking power. You should pull over immediately and contact your Toyota dealer for service and repairs before heading back out on the road.
- Electric Power Steering Warning Light: You should immediately pull over to safety if you see this light flash on your dashboard. It’s letting you know that there’s a malfunction with your power steering and that maneuvering your vehicle can become extremely difficult. Contact your Toyota dealer right away and don’t resume your journey until the system has been inspected.
- SRS Warning Light: This light indicates that there’s a malfunction with your SRS airbag system or the occupant classification system. You should have the system checked for the cause of the error.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light: If you see this light, it means that your Tire Pressure Monitoring System has indicated low tire pressure. If there’s a gas station close by, pull in and use the air filling station to bring the tire back to its appropriate level.
What to Do When Toyota Camry Dashboard Lights Appear
It’s never a good feeling when you see a Toyota Camry dashboard warning light illuminate while you’re out on the road. The important thing is to remain calm, pull over, and turn off your vehicle. If the light continues to appear after you’ve restarted the vehicle, you can give us a call at Ira Toyota of Danvers for help. We’ll be happy to inspect your vehicle to find the issue that’s preventing you from resuming your journey.
At Ira Toyota of Danvers, we’re proud to help drivers in Danvers, Peabody, and Salem with their automotive needs. Contact us if you see a warning dashboard light appear in your Toyota Camry.