Toyota Corolla Review
If you're looking for a compact car for your commutes around Danvers, Peabody, and Salem, there are few cars more popular and reliable than the Toyota Corolla, with Toyota selling just over a million Corollas worldwide each year. This car is a classic, and you'll often see much older models still on the road because they last so long.
This 2017 Toyota Corolla review from your friends at Ira Toyota of Danvers will provide you with all the information you need about the Corolla, so you can decide whether it'd be a good fit for your lifestyle.
Toyota Corolla Performance
The compact car class is known for offering speedy acceleration and great fuel efficiency in one small package, and the Corolla certainly fits the bill. The 2017 Toyota Corolla offers 140 horsepower, and achieves an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 30 city/40 highway MPG.1 The Corolla can seat five passengers, and comes with front-wheel drive. Ride quality is extremely comfortable, even over road bumps.
Seven different trim levels are available, meaning you can easily find a trim that has exactly the set of features you want. The Corolla comes standard with a 6.1-inch touchscreen display with a connected rearview camera. You'll also have standard Bluetooth® and USB ports for connectivity. Navigation is available, so you'll never get lost on the way to your next adventure.
Standard Toyota Corolla Safety Features
A rare feature in the class is the inclusion of a suite of standard driver-assisting technology systems, known as Toyota Safety Sense™. These systems are designed to help drivers avoid common causes of collisions with helpful alerts and assistance. Toyota Safety Sense™ features include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: This system can alert you to potential collisions ahead, and can even use a camera to scan for pedestrians who may wander into the path of the moving vehicle. An audio and visual alert will be triggered, and if you don't respond right away, the car can automatically apply the brakes for you.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist: This system can provide an audio and visual alert when it detects that your car has unintentionally drifted out of the lane. If necessary, Steering Assist will provide corrective steering to direct you back to the center of the lane.
- Automatic High Beams: This system can detect oncoming vehicles at night and automatically turn your high beams on and off so as to avoid impairing the vision of oncoming drivers.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Using forward-sensing radars and a camera, this system allows you to set a following distance, and can then automatically brake and accelerate for you in order to maintain it. When the road clears, you'll accelerate back to your original speed.
Test Drive the 2017 Toyota Corolla
Ready to get behind the wheel for yourself? Contact the team at Ira Toyota of Danvers to schedule your test drive. Soon, you'll be cruising the streets of Danvers, Peabody, and Salem in your brand-new ride.
1. 2017 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.